[arch-mirrors] New mirror
Csépányi-B. Gergely
2017-05-22 10:44:57 UTC
Dear Members!

First, sorry for my poor english, it's not my primary language. Yesterday I have noticed that our one and only hungarian mirror is down.

So I would like to create a new mirror, I have enough bandwidth, space, and own servers.

What's the first step, how to rsync a mirror? I went thru the NewMirrors wiki, but I have no idea where to start.

Thanks,

Gergely
Csépányi-B. Gergely
2017-05-22 10:57:50 UTC
Dear Nils,

Thank You. That was the site I saw before, but I have no idea about what to rsync, a bit more detailed example would be nice.

So, like, first step is to rsync an existing mirror, then make it available thru ftp/http/etc protocols, then submit a ticket to get new mirror listed.

Gergely
Hi Gergely,
please look at this Wiki page https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php
DeveloperWiki:NewMirrors
There will you find all informations you need!
Greetings Nils
Gergely
Florian Pritz via arch-mirrors
2017-05-22 11:51:48 UTC
Hi Gergely
Post by Csépányi-B. Gergely
So, like, first step is to rsync an existing mirror, then make it
available thru ftp/http/etc protocols, then submit a ticket to get
new mirror listed.
That is exactly what you need to do. As for the mirror you will sync
from, please select one of the tier 1 mirrors from this site[1]. It
doesn't matter which one you pick, but I suggest to choose one that is
somewhat close to you so you get good performance.

Then either just use rsync to sync everything from that mirror or if you
want something more fancy use a script like this [2].

All of that information is already on the wiki page so I'm not sure if
this somewhat differently worded version is of use to you. If not,
please clarify where exactly you are having issues.

PS: When replying to mailing lists, please write your reply below the
quoted text and only quote the parts that are necessary to understand
the reply, not the whole message. For more information about this refer
to [3].

HTH,
Florian

[1] https://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/