[arch-mirrors] Mirrorlist Generator Issue
Shorrer
2017-02-18 11:47:57 UTC
Hello there!

For quite some time I was relying on Pacman Mirrorlist Generator as the
best and fastest way to update my mirrorlist with some fresh mirrors
every day. I used it with the "use mirror status" option set, and today
it gave me an empty list, while without that option everything works
well. Seems like little bug or something happened today.
Sorry if I used a wrong list.
Florian Pritz via arch-mirrors
2017-02-19 15:21:20 UTC
Post by Shorrer
For quite some time I was relying on Pacman Mirrorlist Generator as the
best and fastest way to update my mirrorlist with some fresh mirrors
every day. I used it with the "use mirror status" option set, and today
it gave me an empty list
Thanks for the report. I've underestimated the possibility of breakage
in a single line change. Fixed it now.

Florian
Per Osbäck
2017-02-20 16:34:29 UTC
What does the "use mirror status" actually do?
It seem to randomize the server on each request, not sort it in any
particular way.

https://www.archlinux.org/mirrorlist/?country=SE&protocol=https&ip_version=4&use_mirror_status=on

Florian
Florian Pritz via arch-mirrors
2017-02-20 18:39:06 UTC
Post by Per Osbäck
What does the "use mirror status" actually do?
It seem to randomize the server on each request, not sort it in any
particular way.
It used to sort the list, but since everyone got the same list that
actually resulted in the first mirror getting much more load than the
others. Now it just limits the result to good mirrors (those with a good
score) and randomizes the list.

Florian