[arch-mirrors] Changing IP address for mirrors.atviras.lt
Egidijus Meištas via arch-mirrors
2016-08-25 06:24:26 UTC
I am going to move Lithuanian mirror into another, dedicated server.

Old IP: 178.16.34.167
New IP: 87.247.126.124

Currently I am syncing with:

rsync://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/linux/archlinux/

Any advice if I can start syncing new server with gwdg.de?
--
Best regards,
Egidijus Meištas
Florian Pritz
2016-08-26 08:28:48 UTC

On Thursday, August 25, 2016 9:24:26 AM CEST Egidijus Meištas via arch-mirrors
Post by Egidijus Meištas via arch-mirrors
Any advice if I can start syncing new server with gwdg.de?
As long as you are not a tier 1 mirror, your IP doesn't matter. The gwdg rsync
is public so you can sync from any IP. We only restrict access to our master
mirror to ensure it is not overloaded by too many people syncing from it.

I hope that helps.

Florian