[arch-mirrors] New Tier 1 Mirror
Jakob Wadsager
2012-05-17 13:13:32 UTC
Leaseweb.net[1] has become a tier 1 mirror as of yesterday. They have
servers in US, Germany and the Netherlands.
If you elect to start syncing from LeaseWeb, please let me know in a
response to this message.

I take this opportunity to encourage all tier 2 mirrors let me know
what their current upstream is, so we can have our database updated.

[1]http://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/leaseweb.net

Best regards,
Jakob
Carsten Otto
2012-05-17 13:19:54 UTC
On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 03:13:32PM +0200, Jakob Wadsager wrote:
> Leaseweb.net[1] has become a tier 1 mirror as of yesterday. They have
> servers in US, Germany and the Netherlands.
> If you elect to start syncing from LeaseWeb, please let me know in a
> response to this message.
>
> I take this opportunity to encourage all tier 2 mirrors let me know
> what their current upstream is, so we can have our database updated.

We, ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de, would like to switch to leaseweb. Up to
now we used mirrors.uk2.net.

Bye,
Carsten Otto otto at informatik.rwth-aachen.de
LuFG Informatik 2 http://verify.rwth-aachen.de/otto/
RWTH Aachen phone: +49 241 80-21211
> We, ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de, would like to switch to leaseweb. Up to
> now we used mirrors.uk2.net.

Noted. Thanks.

Best regards,
Jakob
Lyle Schlueter
2012-05-17 13:33:07 UTC
Schlunix.org syncs off of rsync.gtlib.gatech.edu

i.caught.air
2012-05-17 13:51:32 UTC
I'm a user of Arch for 2 years now and everything about this project is so amazing.
Even at my job, we have about 30 machines using it. Never had any problem yet.
I've worked on the kernel a few times before and would like to help this project too, any way I can.

We're running a CDN (US, Canada, France, Germany).
Can somebody point me out the entire process to become an official mirror?
Also I imagine you guys are using rsync?

Thanks for your time,
Alex

Jakob Wadsager
2012-05-17 14:01:57 UTC
On 17 May 2012 15:51, i.caught.air <i.caught.air at gmail.com> wrote:
> We're running a CDN (US, Canada, France, Germany).
> Can somebody point me out the entire process to become an official mirror?
> Also I imagine you guys are using rsync?

See this page: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:NewMirrors.

When you are ready to request to be an official mirror, create a
request at https://bugs.archlinux.org/.

Best regards,
Jakob
Niclas Zeising
2012-05-17 14:14:35 UTC
On 2012-05-17 15:13, Jakob Wadsager wrote:
> Leaseweb.net[1] has become a tier 1 mirror as of yesterday. They have
> servers in US, Germany and the Netherlands.
> If you elect to start syncing from LeaseWeb, please let me know in a
> response to this message.
>
> I take this opportunity to encourage all tier 2 mirrors let me know
> what their current upstream is, so we can have our database updated.
>
> [1]http://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/leaseweb.net
>
> Best regards,
> Jakob

We, ftp.lysator.liu.se would like to switch to leaseweb. We are
currently using mirrors.uk2.net.
Regards!
--
Niclas Zeising
FTP admin Lysator
Jakob Wadsager
2012-05-17 14:17:38 UTC

Jakob
Mihael Pranjić
2012-05-17 17:30:56 UTC
As of today, archlinux.limun.org syncs from the german leaseweb tier 1
mirror. I must note that this beast is a great addition to the arch
network. I synced from them today with 110MiB/s - so obviously I'm
pleased :D.

In addition I took this opportunity to activate ipv6 for our mirror, but
as I was only able to test it with a suboptimal tool
(http://ipv6-test.com/validate.php) I encourage anyone here to tell me
if it's really working.

@Jakob:
On a side-note, if it's relevant, I also changed the archlinux.limun.org
machine today, so there is some new address information:
ipv4: 176.9.127.47
ipv6: 2a01:4f8:151:9121::2
Note that the information is really fresh and not all DNS caches have
the new addresses (notably googles DNS).

Greets

Jakob Wadsager
2012-05-18 18:39:49 UTC

Jakob
Karol Chmurzyński
2012-05-18 22:26:54 UTC
2012/5/18 Jakob Wadsager <jakobw at archlinux.org>:
> On 17 May 2012 19:30, Mihael Pranji? <mpranj at limun.org> wrote:
>> As of today, archlinux.limun.org syncs from the german leaseweb tier 1
>> mirror. [..]
>> @Jakob:
>> On a side-note, if it's relevant, I also changed the archlinux.limun.org
>> machine today, so there is some new address information:
>> ipv4: 176.9.127.47
>> ipv6: 2a01:4f8:151:9121::2
>> Note that the information is really fresh and not all DNS caches have
>> the new addresses (notably googles DNS).
>
> Noted. Thanks.
>
> Best regards,
> Jakob

i have changed tier 1 to leaseweb in Germany i will will se after one
week how its going to be new tier1.

Pozdrawiam Karol Chmurzy?ski
Jakob Wadsager
2012-05-19 10:13:12 UTC
On 19 May 2012 00:26, Karol Chmurzy?ski <chmuri at gmail.com> wrote:
> i have changed tier 1 to leaseweb in Germany i will will se after one
> week how its going to be new tier1.

Noted, thanks.

Best regards,
Jakob
David BERARD
2012-05-18 18:28:39 UTC

On 17/May - 15:13, Jakob Wadsager <jakobw at archlinux.org> wrote:
>| If you elect to start syncing from LeaseWeb, please let me know in a
>| response to this message.

archlinux.polymorf.fr now syncs from the german LeaseWeb mirror.

Thanks for these new Tier 1,
Regards,
- --
David BERARD

* No electrons were harmed in the transmission of this email *
andy
2012-05-20 18:30:11 UTC
> Leaseweb.net[1] has become a tier 1 mirror as of yesterday. They have
> servers in US, Germany and the Netherlands.
> If you elect to start syncing from LeaseWeb, please let me know in a
> response to this message.

mirror.archlinux.no will from now on be syncing from the German Leaseweb
mirror.

Looks very good so far.

Andreas Kalv?
Andrew Holland
2012-05-21 07:08:46 UTC
I'm going to stick with David's mirror (the UK2 mirror service) for now, as it appears that it is working for rsync again (i.e. no timeouts, etc.)

I do have a question about the ftp testing, as it appears several of our mirrors (ovh, myself, a few others) have 'timeouts' from the test machine. (I'm checking the english status list this time, not the german list. They have very different output.) Is the ftp test run from the same machine as the http and rsync test? It seems odd that the ftp server, which is reporting no issues and responding very quickly to my tests, would choose to not respond specifically during testing.

Jakob
Tapi
2012-05-22 13:17:56 UTC
As of today, mir1.archlinux.fr syncs from german LeaseWeb tier 1
mirror.
It used to sync from ftp5.gwdg.de.

Regards,

Simon

Le 17/05/2012 14:13, Jakob Wadsager a ?crit?:

Jakob Wadsager
2012-05-22 15:20:23 UTC

Jakob
Ivan Kanakarakis
2012-05-22 20:51:05 UTC
Hi there,

We http://foss.aueb.gr/mirrors/ switched to

On 22 May 2012 18:20, Jakob Wadsager <jakobw at archlinux.org> wrote:

> On 22 May 2012 15:17, Tapi <tapi at syskall.net> wrote:
> > As of today, mir1.archlinux.fr syncs from german LeaseWeb tier 1 mirror.
> > It used to sync from ftp5.gwdg.de.
>
> Noted, thanks.
>
> Best regards,
> Jakob

*Ivan c00kiemon5ter V Kanakarakis* >:3
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Hey,

On Thu, 17 May 2012 15:13:32 +0200
Jakob Wadsager <jakobw at archlinux.org> wrote:

> Leaseweb.net[1] has become a tier 1 mirror as of yesterday. They have
> servers in US, Germany and the Netherlands.
> If you elect to start syncing from LeaseWeb, please let me know in a
> response to this message.
>
> I take this opportunity to encourage all tier 2 mirrors let me know
> what their current upstream is, so we can have our database updated.
>
> [1]http://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/leaseweb.net

mirror.selfnet.de is syncing from the german leaseweb mirror as of now.

previously we've been syncing from gwdg/hosteurope, with gwdg being
rather unrealiable, sadly.

kind regards and thanks for the new tier 1,
Hannes
Jakob Wadsager
2012-05-24 10:58:26 UTC

Best regards,
Felix Favre
2012-05-24 09:55:23 UTC
http://1favre.de/arch/ will sync from them aswell from now on.

> I take this opportunity to encourage all tier 2 mirrors let me
> know what their current upstream is, so we can have our database
> updated.
>
> [1]http://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/leaseweb.net
>
> Best regards, Jakob
Greetings
Felix
Andrew Holland
2012-05-24 09:56:07 UTC
I just noticed that academica.fi is listed as only supporting http and ftp. I'm not sure why, we have always supported rsync and I've mentioned it on the list a few times (:

Also, in terms of bandwidth, we have 10gbit upstream.

On 17.05.2012 15:13, Jakob Wadsager wrote:
> Leaseweb.net[1] has become a tier 1 mirror as of yesterday. They
> have servers in US, Germany and the Netherlands. If you elect to
> start syncing from LeaseWeb, please let me know in a response to
> this message.
http://1favre.de/arch/ will sync from them aswell from now on.

> I take this opportunity to encourage all tier 2 mirrors let me
> know what their current upstream is, so we can have our database
> updated.
>
> [1]http://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/leaseweb.net
>
> Best regards, Jakob
Greetings
Felix
Jakob Wadsager
2012-05-24 11:06:22 UTC
On 24 May 2012 11:56, Andrew Holland <Andrew.holland at academica.fi> wrote:
> I just noticed that academica.fi is listed as only supporting http and ftp. ?I'm not sure why, we have always supported rsync and I've mentioned it on the list a few times (:

This has been corrected now.

Best regards,
Jakob
Karol Chmurzyński
2012-05-24 16:55:30 UTC
How much constant bandwitch is needed to become tier1?

Jakob Wadsager
2012-05-24 18:24:49 UTC
On 24 May 2012 18:55, Karol Chmurzy?ski <chmuri at gmail.com> wrote:
> How much constant bandwitch is needed to become tier1?

100 mbit/s.

It's not just about bandwidth though but also stability/maintenance.
For these reasons tier 1 mirrors are usually hosted by universities or
ISPs.

Best regards,
Jakob
Jakob Wadsager
2012-05-24 11:00:02 UTC

Jakob
thomas
2012-05-24 09:58:04 UTC

Belgian mirror http://archlinux.mirror.kangaroot.net syncs from rsync://mirror.nl.leaseweb.net/archlinux/

Jakob Wadsager
2012-05-24 11:01:41 UTC

Jakob
Paul Ezvan
2012-05-25 12:57:56 UTC
Le jeudi 17 mai 2012 ? 15:13 +0200, Jakob Wadsager a ?crit :
> Leaseweb.net[1] has become a tier 1 mirror as of yesterday. They have
> servers in US, Germany and the Netherlands.
> If you elect to start syncing from LeaseWeb, please let me know in a
> response to this message.
>
> I take this opportunity to encourage all tier 2 mirrors let me know
> what their current upstream is, so we can have our database updated.
>
> [1]http://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/leaseweb.net
>
> Best regards,
> Jakob

Hi,

https://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/miroir.ezvan.fr/ is now syncing from
rsync://mirror.de.leaseweb.net/archlinux/.

Regards,

Paul
Jakob Wadsager
2012-05-25 13:09:35 UTC

Jakob
Martijn Struijk
2012-05-25 14:08:01 UTC
On 05/25/2012 03:09 PM, Jakob Wadsager wrote:
> On 25 May 2012 14:57, Paul Ezvan <paul at ezvan.fr> wrote:
>> https://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/miroir.ezvan.fr/ is now syncing from
>> rsync://mirror.de.leaseweb.net/archlinux/.
>
> Noted, thanks.
>
> Best regards,
> Jakob

The PCextreme mirror started syncing from
rsync://mirror.nl.leaseweb.net/archlinux/

Kind Regards,
Martijn
Tuxce
2012-05-25 14:29:00 UTC
On Thu, 17 May 2012 15:13:32 +0200, Jakob Wadsager
<jakobw at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Leaseweb.net[1] has become a tier 1 mirror as of yesterday. They have
> servers in US, Germany and the Netherlands.
> If you elect to start syncing from LeaseWeb, please let me know in a
> response to this message.
>
> I take this opportunity to encourage all tier 2 mirrors let me know
> what their current upstream is, so we can have our database updated.
>
> [1]http://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/leaseweb.net
>
> Best regards,
> Jakob

Hi, mir.archlinux.fr now syncs from the german LeaseWeb mirror.

We used to sync from gwdg.de, but apparently, its last sync is
2012-05-22.

Thanks.
Giuseppe Treccarichi
2012-05-25 15:06:27 UTC
In data venerd? 25 maggio 2012 16:29:00, Tuxce ha scritto:
> Hi, mir.archlinux.fr now syncs from the german LeaseWeb mirror.
>
> We used to sync from gwdg.de, but apparently, its last sync is
> 2012-05-22.

True!

Also we (archlinux.openlabto.org) used gwdg.de but the last syncronization
dates back to 22/05/2012

Now archlinux.openlabto.org syncs from the
rsync://mirror.de.leaseweb.net/archlinux/

Regards
Alexander
2012-05-29 16:39:47 UTC
arch.mirrors.tuxdroid.org is syncing from mirror.de.leaseweb.net from
now on.

Kind regards,

Alexander

Jakob Wadsager
2012-05-29 17:18:40 UTC
On 29 May 2012 18:39, Alexander <alexander at tuxdroid.org> wrote:
> arch.mirrors.tuxdroid.org is syncing from mirror.de.leaseweb.net from now
> on.

Noted. Gwdg.de has solved their problems though.

Best regards,
Jakob